Sunday, December 13, 2009

Battle with a Droid...

My brick of a cell phone finally crashed on me and yesterday I had to buy a new one. Too tired to fight off the salesman's attack, I was talked into the new "Droid" phone. This phone is crazy. It's a Hi-tech robot. I can't figure out how to make calls on it. I struggle to navigate the message center to read any texts. I'm actually afraid that it may attack me in my sleep. Droid, you think your smarter than me. Maybe you are. You think your sexier... and that certainly is a possibility. BUT... i shall not be intimidated by you. Tonight, while having a cup of tea, you made a strange noise. I walked over to you... your lights lit up as I got closer. I know you saw what happened next... me diving behind a corner and hiding from you. You probably thought it was out of fear. I assure you, Droid, it was not. It was merely a moment of confusion. Since the beginning of story telling we've all heard the rumors & predictions of robots taking over the earth. Well, not now. Not in my house, Droid. I will patiently, quietly study you. I will show no fear. Soon, I will know you better than you know yourself. After all that, if you still have the upper hand, I'll just toss you into the pacific.
You may be smarter, faster, sleeker & prettier, but I can survive mother ocean... you can't.
Until then, I'll sleep with one eye open...