Saturday, December 12, 2009

Amazing person of the week...

Let me introduce you to my old friend, Kate Franco... the quilter!
Many moons ago I was living in San Francisco, spending my days & nights writing in coffee shops. It's also the place where my curiosity for photography was born. This is where Kate & I first met. The quintessential SF girl, Kate is creative, fashionable, fun & sweet... not to mention very talented. Forgive me, but when I think of someone quilting I think of an old, frumpy woman sitting next to a fire in a mountain cabin. That would not be Kate... and that is why I was so shocked to see her work.
I LOVE quilts. As a little boy that's all I'd ever cuddle up with (we had many in our family). If you share the same affinity you should contact her for a custom made one. I just ordered one from her myself, so exciting! Sorry... I get emotional about quilts. ;) It's cold in NY right now... it's cold in LA (no, seriously!)... it's cold everywhere. Get yourself a quilt.
Check out Kate's blog... http://www.katefranco.com/
She's also a bit of a fashionista and has a blog along those lines as well... http://www.undeniablestyle.com/
I wasn't able to photograph Kate myself because I haven't had time to get back up to San Fran, but hopefully soon!