Saturday, October 31, 2009

My new thing/Amazing person of the week

The other day while flipping thru old photography books, I started thinking about all of the talented friends I have... surfers, photographers, bookers, painters, etc. and how lucky I am to be surrounded by such amazing people. I've decided that each week I'm going to photograph, write and post about every one of these people (well, time permitting!). So, without further delay let me introduce you to my first entry, my friend Roxy...
the mysterious Roxy

Roxanne Saffaie is a super talented makeup artist and a damn good surfer, too. We met a couple years ago and I am soooo glad we did. We've already done some amazing shoots together and have since become great friends. Without Roxy, I wouldn't have met my friends Rochelle & Keala and experienced all of the aloha that the North shore offered me.
There's a warmth to Roxy that only a Hawaii girl can posses. But... she's also an LA girl, a New Yorker & a Euro all rolled into one. Ask any of the other photographers she works with and they'd agree... she knows makeup. She also has some unique tricks up her sleeve (oxygen treatments, etc.).

check out her website when you have time...
www.RoxyLook.net
Roxy with full Aloha...