Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rain, sleet or snow...

The last Delia's location shoot was deemed, by me, officially insane. Imagine shooting 3 out of 4 days in the rain (yes, outside). We had people holding umbrellas over models and cameras, rain jackets that make you look like one of those CSI guys and lots of soaked thru shoes.  All I can say is... SHIT, how fun? Seriously. And to think that somehow we pulled it off. As time goes on and I shoot Delia's more & more, I realize that something... something quirky will always happen. I'm beginning to wonder if that's why we all have so much fun on these shoots. We're like the Griswold's heading off to Wally World. This shoot was on Long Island at a Naval academy and to add to the quirk factor there were rubber duckies everywhere, a weird lurker dude on set that I dubbed 'Chuck Norris', strange 'noises' coming from the rooms and a hill that we were all dying to roll down. Ahhhh... the adventure continues!
Rain man.
The calm before the storm.
I travel light these days. Polkadot shoes & a back pack. shaka!
The 'loaner' pair of shoes after mine soaked thru.
I loved Alissa's shorts so much that we had an impromptu shoot in the motorhome.
I like to rip a forehand winner on occasion.
The aftermath (Jim, I swear it wasn't me!)

'Where's the shot list? We're ready for battle.'
The girls, the ducks & Clark W. Griswold.
Shooting barefoot in wet grass... best feeling in the world.